Hi readers. I want to share my recent Tioman Island Experience with you guys.
Three of us went to Tioman recently on a long weekend. We took a car from Kuala Lumpur to Mersing Jetty. If you want to take bus from Kuala Lumpur, please check this link.
Since it is a very long journey, of over 350KM, we started early, at 7’O clock in the morning. We took couple of breaks to rest and have lunch and finally reached there around 2PM. We did not check the ferry schedule before but found out that there are only 2 or 3 trips from Mersing to Tioman everyday and it is priorly scheduled for each month. Check out ferry schedules here.
The ferry took around 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours to reach our village in Tioman. Yes, Tioman has few villages and few villages are not connected by road, you need to use boat taxi. We should get down at Tekek village but we mistakenly got off at ABC stop. We need to either take a very expensive boat taxi or walk for 1 km and call the chalet to pick us up from there.
Our Itinerary – Our Tioman Island Experience:
For most of our first day was for reaching Tioman, we went to couple of restaurants on that night. Most of them are Malay or Chinese restaurant. Food was okayish but a bit expensive compared to mainland.
Second day, we went for a snorkelling trip that covered 5 snorkelling points and one lunch point. First place was Coral island, which is fantastic. There water color is quite different from rest of the places. It is blueish compared greenish water at other places. We saw a lot of variety of fish in all the snorkelling stops.
Third day, we took bicycles to roam around the nearby villages. We went to the private Berjaya Tioman Resort beach to take few snaps and also went to the nearby ABC village.
More Things To Do:
- Tioman is a heaven for Scuba divers. They can get Scuba diving license here for around RM1,200.
- If you want to dive but don’t have those 4-5 days to get Scuba diving license, then you can do fun diving. They will charge around RM120 for 3 fun dives.
- Go for trekking to see waterfall.
- While it is peaceful and take your way out of the concrete jungle, you can’t find night life when compared to other islands like Langkawi and Phuket. By 9PM, it will be like midnight.
- No Jet Ski, paragliding and other fun activities. Only snorkelling and Scuba Diving.
- Only one cash machine for all the villages of this island.
In conclusion, if you love to do snorkelling or scuba diving or be away from the concrete jungles and enjoy peaceful days then this island is for you.
Finally, if you love this post, please leave a comment. If you have any questions, please write a comment, so that I can include them in post.
To see our latest blogs, please click here.
He has over 9 years of experience in design, development and implementation of innovative business IT solutions. He is highly skilled in cloud computing, information management and application architecture. In free time, he writes some blogs and strives to learn new technical skills. Check out his recent blogs here.